The Second Tuesday each month, from Noon – 4:00 p.m., is Northminster Volunteer Day at Second Presbyterian’s Food Pantry. Requested staffing is for ten volunteers on each date. You do not have to commit to every month. There are other days and times available if our designated day and time does not fit into your schedule. Contact John Reed at 317-919-6505 to sign up or if you have questions.
- For green thumbs, volunteer gardeners
- Always a need for bags – paper, plastic, cloth – place in wire bin across from Church office
- Adult and youth Bibles are offered to shoppers
- Library (onsite)
- Food Collection for Westminster Neighborhood Ministries (ongoing)
- This year-round project involves the entire Northminster congregation. Members are encouraged to place nonperishable, canned goods in marked bins around the church. Volunteers are needed to periodically delivery the collected items to the Washington Street Presbyterian Church.
We are looking for a core group of 6-12 individuals to provide primary support for the refugee family we hope to receive by the end of the year. Every congregant is invited to give this unique opportunity prayerful consideration. If you would like to help, contact Tom Stayton or Victor Perkins for further details.
We go out into our community in service to connect with our neighborhoods and mission partners. A brief worship service is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. Please note that we will have no worship service at 11:00 am, as we will worship through our serving that day.
Opportunities are available at the church and at locations around the community and all ages and abilities are welcome and encouraged to participate.
We will partner with:
- Julian Center for Domestic Abuse
- Exodus Refugee Resettlement
- Dayspring Family Shelter
- Habitat for Humanity
- Westminster Neighborhood Services
- Broad Ripple Neighborhood Association
Among assigned tasks, we will sort clothes, paint, clean, pick up trash, and perform other duties as requested by our partners.
On church premises, we will:
- write to service personnel and our church homebound members
- provide childcare for preschoolers so their parents can serve
- make meals for those in need
- pack supply bags for homeless clients at Wheeler Mission
Watch this page and other church announcements for additional projects and signup opportunities coming soon!
Please remember the teachers and students of School 55 as you are shopping in the next few weeks. Some requested items are: spiral notebooks, construction paper, copier paper, crayons, rulers, glue sticks, Kleenex, pencils and pens. Starting in July, put your contributions in the yellow bin in the Gathering Place, and the Deacons will deliver them to the school. Thank you!
Along with St. Luke’s United Methodist, 2nd Presbyterian Church and other local churches, we support and participate in the Washington Township’s Back to School Extravaganza.
Northminster collects clothing from local school’s Lost and Founds and then washes it and sorts it by size. Our contribution to BTSE is to distribute this cleaned used clothing as well as new underwear and jeans that we purchase. The goal for 2017 is to serve 1200 children and provide them with the clothes, shoes and school supplies they need.