The Second Tuesday each month, from Noon – 4:00 p.m., is Northminster Volunteer Day at Second Presbyterian’s Food Pantry. Requested staffing is for ten volunteers on each date. You do not have to commit to every month. There are other days and times available if our designated day and time does not fit into your schedule. Contact John Reed at 317-919-6505 to sign up or if you have questions.
- For green thumbs, volunteer gardeners
- Always a need for bags – paper, plastic, cloth – place in wire bin across from Church office
- Adult and youth Bibles are offered to shoppers
- Library (onsite)
- Food Collection for Westminster Neighborhood Ministries (ongoing)
- This year-round project involves the entire Northminster congregation. Members are encouraged to place nonperishable, canned goods in marked bins around the church. Volunteers are needed to periodically delivery the collected items to the Washington Street Presbyterian Church.
Refugee Family - Coming January 30th
The Lutumika family is coming to Indianapolis and into our love and care on January 30th. The family consists of Mom, Dad, a son (age 20) and a daughter (age 17). They are originally from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) but have been living in Burundi Africa for many years. If you would like to volunteer to your time to help us move furniture into their apartment, or donate household goods or clothes, please contact Erin Bristow.
We go out into our community in service to connect with our neighborhoods and mission partners. A brief worship service is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. Please note that we will have no worship service at 11:00 am, as we will worship through our serving that day.
Opportunities are available at the church and at locations around the community and all ages and abilities are welcome and encouraged to participate.
We will partner with:
- Julian Center for Domestic Abuse
- Exodus Refugee Resettlement
- Dayspring Family Shelter
- Habitat for Humanity
- Westminster Neighborhood Services
- Broad Ripple Neighborhood Association
Among assigned tasks, we will sort clothes, paint, clean, pick up trash, and perform other duties as requested by our partners.
On church premises, we will:
- write to service personnel and our church homebound members
- provide childcare for preschoolers so their parents can serve
- make meals for those in need
- pack supply bags for homeless clients at Wheeler Mission
Watch this page and other church announcements for additional projects and signup opportunities coming soon!
Every August we collect school supplies for the teachers and students of School 55.
Some requested items are: spiral notebooks, construction paper, copier paper, crayons, rulers, glue sticks, Kleenex, pencils and pens.
Starting in August, put your contributions in the yellow bin in the Gathering Place, and the Deacons will deliver them to the school.
Along with St. Luke’s United Methodist, 2nd Presbyterian Church and other local churches, we support and participate in the Washington Township’s Back to School Extravaganza.
Starting in June, Northminster collects clothing from local school’s Lost and Founds and then washes it and sorts it by size. Our contribution to BTSE is to distribute this cleaned used clothing as well as new underwear and jeans that we purchase.
Our annual goal is to serve 1200 children and provide them with the clothes, shoes and school supplies they need.
2017-2018 Mission Team Projects and Partners