Engaging with neighbors near and far in Christ’s love.
We invite you to Seek, Serve and Embrace within Northminster Presbyterian Church!
- Seek, Serve and Embrace forms us into a warm and caring community.
- Seek, Serve and Embrace leads us in study and worship.
- Seek, Serve and Embrace sends us out in mission and service to the Broad Ripple community and to the world.
- Seek, Serve and Embrace calls us, comforts us and challenges us.
As a congregation, we have been serving in this location since 1945. With excitement and high expectations, we are beginning to explore a new direction for the future.
- Christ-Centered: Focusing our hearts and minds on Christ.
- Grounded in the Word: Strengthening relationships with God through joyful, passionate and thoughtful preaching, music and Christian education.
- Relevant: Seeking to connect contemporary ideas to our Christian purpose in an evolving world.
- Inclusive: Embracing all people with the open arms of Christ.
- Nurturing: Supporting all seekers and believers, families of all combinations and children of every age.
- Serving: Bringing the love and grace of Christ to our congregation, our neighborhood and our world.
What We Believe
- Who Are We as Presbyterians?
- God alone is Lord of the conscience.
- The Bible.
- The priesthood of all believers.
- The Trinity.
- We welcome and listen to the voices of people long silenced.
Northminster Presbyterian is a member of The Covenant Network of Presbyterians, founded in 1997 with the vision of “a church as just and generous as God’s grace” to eradicate PCUSA legislation that discriminated against the full participation of LGBTQ church members. Restrictions against ordination and against recognizing same-gender marriage have now been eliminated from our Book of Order.
With the fulfillment of the original goal, the Network continues to seek an equity still not fully realized for LGBTQIA people in church and society by:
- Engaging the church to invite all of God’s children into safe and welcoming congregational spaces of affirmation, healing, dignity, and purpose.
- Educating the church to expand our welcome of LGBTQIA people, affirm their gifts for ordained office, and uphold marriage equality for all.
- Equipping the church to bear witness to justice through advocacy and activism at the international, national, and local church levels; speaking a prophetic word in anxious and divided times, and standing with others in fighting hate and oppression against any of God’s children.