Life Lessons from the Amazon River
December 11, 2017
1. Spend the extra money for waterproof hiking boots .
2. Quick dry clothing means nothing in 93% humidity.
3. Never, never, NEVER leave your room without your rain gear and a baggie for your phone/camera.
4. A little bit of cocoa makes Nescafe ALMOST tolerable.
5. A poncho is better than a rain jacket when you are wearing a life preserver and a backpack.
6. When you are dancing with the chief's wife do not step on her toes.
7. When you rub wild garlic from head to toe it really keeps bugs away. However, it also keeps people way.
8. Trust the shaman. He knows how to fix what ails you. And he is cheaper than the pharmacy in Lima.
9. Bug repellent helps with bed bugs unless they are really hungry.
10. Sloths are happy animals and they take everything at a slow pace and they love to cuddle. They are also a self-confidence ecosystem. So cool.
Where am I now?